19 January 2012

Hang Tuah got Facebook bor ?

and now, I want to create a new Facebook account and the name will be Nobody so when I see some stupid crap people post, I can Like it. And it will say Nobody Likes This : )


hmmm, think I seriously need to cut down my time on this, otherwise Carrie might probably throw a book to my face one day !!!

anyway, I was kind of "perplex" when I learned that the great warrior name Hang Tuah which I studied during my school days was just a fiction figure !!! ??? hello..., i spend hours reading that blady thick History book, and memorising it so that I can pass my History exam, and now you're telling me that Hang Tuah don't exist ? and he's just part of the Malay's stories of myths and legends !!!???

didn't I did read somewhere before that a group of historians whom were appointed by the goverment found the grave of Hang Tuah ? going deeper, they took DNA from said grave and found that Hang Tuah is actually a Chinese guy (probably goes by the name Hei Tu Yar ?). and that famous weapon that Hang Tuah used - "Kris Taming Sari", till date is still with our Sultan of Perak, so how can Hang Tuah don't exist ?... and please don't tell me later that Kris Taming Sari is also actually a weapon originated from China used by some Shaolin monk yeah !!!

to me, history is a beautiful subject and should not be tainted by myth and fiction...

Hang Tuah as painted by Hadibi @ gndagnor

2 comments:

John said...

Now a local "expert" (via a RM1.4mil garmen grant) claims that the human race came from proto-malay. See http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/study-claims-human-race-came-from-proto-malays/

Fact or Myth? You decide.

Don't be surprise it may end up in our history books where your kids may have to read and memorise for exams.

Anonymous said...

Menurut Andaya (2002), Hang Tuah, Hang Jebat dan Hang Kasturi adalah pemimpin ulung kaum Orang Asli. Kekuasaan Orang Asli dalam pemerintahan Melaka serta kerajaan-kerajaan melayu yang lain mengalami kemerosotan dengan kematian ketiga-tiga tokoh ini. Pendapat ini dipetik dari Pagan Races of the Malay Peninsula, Macmillan, London 1906 karangan Skeat, W.William and C.O. Blagden.

Andaya juga memetik pendapat Juli Edo, seorang ahli antropologi dari etnik Semai yang mengatakan bahawa Hang Tuah dan Hang Jebat adalah Orang Asli. Hang Tuah ialah Orang Jakun (Windstedt, 1935). Hang Tuah dan keluarganya berpindah ke Hulu Perak selepas kematian Hang Jebat.